Spotify is the current platform that allows you to listen to the world’s most popular and well-liked digital music.
If you’ve arrived at this page, it’s likely because you’ve Googled “how to unsubscribe from Spotify” and you already have a basic understanding of how Spotify works, as well as the music and playlists it offers. Certain features come at a price, and you must pay to utilize these services. You’ve come to the correct spot if you have a basic Spotify membership or a premium version and want to cancel your subscription but don’t know-how.
We’ll look at how to cancel a Spotify membership together in this article, and we’ll walk you through the process step by step. The process for deactivating Spotify is the same whether you have a free or premium membership that was activated directly through the site, however, it may differ if you subscribed to Spotify through a telephone operator or iTunes.
You have activated Spotify Premium, the subscription version of the popular music streaming service, as a great music enthusiast. However, a few weeks after signing up, you discover you haven’t utilized the service much at all, and you’d prefer to retrace your steps by stopping the subscription’s automatic renewal.
If this is the case, and all of your efforts to achieve your goal have failed, don’t worry: I’m here to assist you to deactivate Spotify Premium if you wish. In truth, the information needed to cancel your subscription to the service in issue may be found in the following paragraphs of this guide, which applies to both smartphones and tablets as well as laptops.
What are your thoughts on the subject? Is that all the information you require? So, let’s not spend any more time and figure out how to go forward. Make yourself at ease, take as much time as you need, and pay close attention to the instructions I’m going to offer you. If you try them out on your preferred device, I guarantee you’ll be able to cancel Spotify Premium without any issues. Allow it to take a chance?
If you’re a Spotify Premium user, you may wish to cancel your subscription at some point, whether because you’ve switched to another service or because you don’t use it enough to evaluate the expense. Whatever your reason for canceling Spotify Premium, the procedure is simple and should just take a few minutes. You will not be able to terminate your subscription using the Spotify computer or mobile app.
How to cancel Spotify Premium without any hindrance on a Web browser?
The first and foremost thing is that if you own a Spotify premium subscription, you need to cancel your subscription through a web browser. Spotify premium cannot be unsubscribed through the mobile app.
Here are the following steps which can help you through your entire cancellation process:
- Open Spotify Website on your web browser (like Chrome, Brave, Opera, etc) on your Android, iOS, or computer.
- Log into your Spotify Account. Tap the three horizontal lines symbol in the top-right corner of a mobile web browser and select login. Choose Log In in the top-right corner of the page on a desktop web browser.
- After logging in. Visit the Account Page. On a mobile device, press the top-right corner symbol with three horizontal lines and pick Account from the drop-down menu. On a desktop, pick Account from the drop-down menu by clicking Profile in the top-right corner.
- Change your plan by scrolling down to the section Your plan and tapping or clicking Change Plan.
- Scroll down to the Spotify Free section on the following page and hit or click Cancel Premium.
- Now the next page will show you a Warning Notification that you will lose your subscription if you cancel it. To cancel, click Continue at the bottom. Then, on the following screen, click Continue to cancel once more.
- Then the last step would be to Click Yes, cancel to confirm the cancellation. You will be redirected to a Spotify Free Account.
How to Unsubscribe from Spotify Premium Using Your Apple ID
If you are an Apple iPhone user, you probably would have subscribed to Spotify Premium via Apple ID. But don’t worry, we’ve got a solution for that as well:
- First, open your settings app on your iOS Device.
- Click on your name and Apple ID at the top of the settings page.
- Now, go to the Apple ID Page and choose the Subscriptions option.
- You will see a list of all subscriptions you have subbed with Apple ID, Find Spotify, and Tap on it.
- Then you will see the Cancel Spotify Premium Option on the Spotify page.