Did you also face an issue with the wavlink WiFi extender like it can not connect to the wavlink WiFi? Or if your wavlink router signal is not working? If you nod yes, you can go through some troubleshooting steps and fix the issue related to the wavlink extender setup. So read this article attentively,
Power Cycle Your Extender
- First, turn off your wavlink extender and wait for just 30 seconds.
- After a few seconds, turn on your extender and wait for it to finish booting up.
- Now, try again to connect with WiFi.
Connection Between Extender And Router
If you see a WiFi signal from the router but can’t connect to it. These are likely the two causes
If your extender may not connect to the router. You must be sure that you have connected it properly and that the connection is working properly.
If you have more than one router in your house, make sure that they all are connected together.
Check All Cable Connection
The cable connection is essential to connect your extender to the router. For this reason, if you are facing no internet issues then we suggest that you check all the wired connections and make sure that they are tightened up. Ideally, you should disconnect all the cables and reconnect them to the right ports again. In addition, if you see any damaged cable then replace it with a new one.
Update The Firmware Of Extender
There are many types of wireless extenders available in the market. The Wavlink extender also needs firmware to operate properly. For this reason, if there is a fall behind the internet connection then we suggest that you upgrade the firmware of your extender. If you don’t know how to upgrade the firmware of the extender then don’t be panic we are here, follow all the instruction to upgrade your extender which is written below,
- First, Open up a web browser on your mobile phone.
- Type wavlink.com setup in the address bar.
- Now, enter your admin password in the provided field. Click on the login button.
- Go to the management at the right-hand corner of the screen and click on upgrade from the drop-down menus.
- Under the information on firmware, click on check new firmware.
- After this, your device will check for a new firmware version. If any new version is found, the details of the new firmware version are shown on your screen.
- Click on a new version of the firmware and it may take 30 seconds until the upgradation process is complete.
Range Between Extender And Router
Ideally, the distance between the router and the extender is not far from 10 to 15 feet because the extender has captured the wireless signal from the router and extended them. For this reason, if you are facing no internet issue we suggest that you check the location of your router and extender and put both of them closer to each other.
Reset Your WiFi Extender
For the reset of your extender follow these steps,
- First, unplug your WiFi extender from the wall.
- To reset the WiFi extender, press and hold up the reset button for just 8 to 10 seconds with the help of a paperclip.
- Now turn off your old router and plug in your new router.
- Now, put the plug of the WiFi extender back into the wall and press the WPS button of your both router and extender.
Call To Your ISP
After trying all the above steps if the wavlink extender not working properly then is the last option but not least. We suggest that you call your internet service provider because the internet could be down and the ISP can troubleshoot this issue for you.
After reading his article, we hope you can solve their issue with the wavlink extender setup. Give your feedback in the given comment section below. Stay tuned for more updates.